<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11792751?origin\x3dhttp://shesangherwayhome.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Hey! This is Jesmine but there are a thousand and one others out there who calls her Jia Min too! She's (finally) 18 and is more than happy to be showered with gifts on the nineth day of the third month each year. She's currently mugging in Nanyang Junior College with a bunch of cute people in 1002, but she still loves and misses her alma mater, TKGS together with her dearest 4e1 very very much. She ditched her 4-years long CCA, netball, for singing - both in choir and as a soloist (Just don't ask her to sing Don't Cry For Me, Argentina. It's Marisa's new ploy to watch a free show! And I know poor Bren's sick of playing it!) She's been stuck in Alto 2 in choir for a good ol' 5 years while her dearest conductor is still deciding whether to leave her there or transfer her somewhere else, but she takes the performing role of a mezzosoprano as a soloist (and communicate her 3-octave range using her perfect pitch to her rocking friends who in turn gives her nicknames of innate objects such as tuning fork, piano and amplifier. :/) Oops, she nearly forgot to mention that she was a part of the Superwomen(Student Welfare) committee of the Prefectorial Board back in the good ol' TKGS days. She's awesomely proud to be an Latter-Day Saint, and savouring her last year as a Laurel before she gets kicked out of YW. She loves her family and friends to bits, and in her (very little) free time, adores chilling out with her friends, attend concerts, shopping (and window shopping too. Money don't fall from the sky, y'know.), singing, tinkling on the piano, blogging, FBing and there's so much more she'll prolly need a thousand pages for her to fill up her "LOVES&HOBBIES" section. Flowers, cute huggable soft toys, helium balloons and (hand-written) letters and notes are some of her favourite things.♥

PS: I can/can't believe you just spent/wasted 5 minutes of your life reading her introductory speech. Btw, she LOVES people who tag on her tagboard, so do make sure you let her know that you were here! Have an awesome day anyway! (:






Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Monday, June 03, 2013

Aloha! It's been 4 weeks since school started, and if you don't already know, I'm currently in Provo, schooling in BYU. Sure, it's been really different from Singapore in terms of scenery (I'm talking about real mountains and pretty stars that you can see here instead of skyscrapers all the time - they're beautiful, all of them, but it's just not the same.) and for the first time, I'm in school with a whole bunch of people of the same faith. I mean, seriously, how much cooler can this get? (For someone who used to be the only kid with this faith in school since forever.) I hate to say how I've missed home so much, all the families and friends I've left back at home, nevertheless I've made some really awesome friends here thus far and it's been really wonderful how people are here for you because everyone is pretty much away from home, be it ten or eight thousand miles. It's spring, but it's been rather chilly here for the spring. The sun kinda peeks out occasionally, with some thunderstorm, but it's nothing like the hot and humid weather back home. I haven't worn long-sleeved tops and jeans/long pants in AGES. School's been really awesome. I have such a terrific Intro to Music professor - he makes the subjects really interesting every lesson even if it's plain boring. I don't know how he does it, but he does. And he has pictures of him and his families in slides in different parts of Europe depicting different places and people and all. This makes me miss Olomouc and Vienna a whole lot, but I'll definitely head back there again someday, this time to just sit back and enjoy the architectures and ice-cream (Aside from the joke that the whole exco will be retiring there when we all grow old. Good ol' days.) Math professor is the most boring person ever, but my TA makes up for it completely! It's really so different here, in my opinion how this educational system is functioning, but I think I'm thriving decently well here, which is great! I'm so blessed having Erika as my room-mate, with a couple of other Asians staying doors away from me! It's so international in my hall - there's Lucia from Korea, Kim Chi from Vietnam, Adrienne from the Philippines, Marina from Brazil, Vicki from Mexico, a couple of girls from Jerusalem and Jordan, and the other people from all the other parts of the US. And the coolest part is that Erika and I found out that there's this other Singaporean guy schooling in BYU (non-member though) on a swim scholarship, which is really, really cool! Of course, there's the Singaporean kiddos who are schooling here, and they've been really awesome people who occasionally cooks local food (and it just so happens that I'm going for a potluck gathering tonight! YUMZ.) which makes me really happy! (Singaporean friends, you know where to bring me when I get home next year!) I'm so grateful for this gospel, and this wonderful school that I've been admitted into. Right now, I still cannot understand why I'm really here, but I'll be contented being a part of this wonderful society till I get my answers for my existence here. Have a great sunday guys! I miss y'all! X.