<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11792751?origin\x3dhttp://shesangherwayhome.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Hey! This is Jesmine but there are a thousand and one others out there who calls her Jia Min too! She's (finally) 18 and is more than happy to be showered with gifts on the nineth day of the third month each year. She's currently mugging in Nanyang Junior College with a bunch of cute people in 1002, but she still loves and misses her alma mater, TKGS together with her dearest 4e1 very very much. She ditched her 4-years long CCA, netball, for singing - both in choir and as a soloist (Just don't ask her to sing Don't Cry For Me, Argentina. It's Marisa's new ploy to watch a free show! And I know poor Bren's sick of playing it!) She's been stuck in Alto 2 in choir for a good ol' 5 years while her dearest conductor is still deciding whether to leave her there or transfer her somewhere else, but she takes the performing role of a mezzosoprano as a soloist (and communicate her 3-octave range using her perfect pitch to her rocking friends who in turn gives her nicknames of innate objects such as tuning fork, piano and amplifier. :/) Oops, she nearly forgot to mention that she was a part of the Superwomen(Student Welfare) committee of the Prefectorial Board back in the good ol' TKGS days. She's awesomely proud to be an Latter-Day Saint, and savouring her last year as a Laurel before she gets kicked out of YW. She loves her family and friends to bits, and in her (very little) free time, adores chilling out with her friends, attend concerts, shopping (and window shopping too. Money don't fall from the sky, y'know.), singing, tinkling on the piano, blogging, FBing and there's so much more she'll prolly need a thousand pages for her to fill up her "LOVES&HOBBIES" section. Flowers, cute huggable soft toys, helium balloons and (hand-written) letters and notes are some of her favourite things.♥

PS: I can/can't believe you just spent/wasted 5 minutes of your life reading her introductory speech. Btw, she LOVES people who tag on her tagboard, so do make sure you let her know that you were here! Have an awesome day anyway! (:






Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Friday, January 08, 2010
My heart, like a compass is true

Hey!

I'm blogging from my phone at this moment of time - yes, I got a new phone! E63 in white! (I know there are quite a couple of people out there with the blue or red version. Haha!) It's 8 days old as of today - it's a New Year baby! :D But unfortunately, while trying to transfer my data from my old to my new phone, somehow something happened to my old phone and my old phone died, leaving poor me contactless with my new phone :( Sigh. To date, I've retrived about 130 odd contacts (Thanks people!) But I'm still missing about 200 contacts, so sms/email/fb me! My number's still the same! :) Thanks! :)

On to the next agenda. I feel so grateful for being spiritually fed for the past few days - with the first YSA fireside on wed where Sis and Elder Watson addressing the YSA/SAs and answering some annonymous queries which have been very uplifting. Surprisingly, some questions intrigued me and some did answer queries I had in the past.
'Look ahead, and remember that faith is pointed towards the future.'

Thursday evening marked the start of institute (YAY x1000 for no more early morning seminary - let me gloat for a couple of seconds! xP) which was spiritually uplifting too. (Taking away the part where Mike was late and still strolling to church while calling me. Lol!) I'm really excited studying the Book of Mormon again - the last time being 4 years ago with Sis Doreen being the dramatic year 1 teacher to the 20-plus-close-to-30-and-the-biggest-class-amongst-all to enlighten us during early morning seminary. *Reminsces*

Today is a blessed day. I'm dead serious. For the first time of the year (well, I know it's only the 8th day of the year, but still.) I'm hearing two choirs producing voices of concerted effort and decently good quality tone. (Nowhere close to my dearest TK as of yet, but they're really improving.) I'm genuinely rather impressed by the boys today - both in NYJChoir and the youth musical rehearsal. (The girls are usually putting in alot more effort than the boys, no doubt about it.) For the first time in NYJChoir, I hear 5 basses (If I'm not wrong) - loud and clear. (My basses are usually close to inaudible I have to stand next to them to hear them, but today's really different) Sound's still rather raw, but the tone produced - I liked what I hear. And I like what I see - the emotions potrayed in each song. In NYJChoir, I hear a more united and solid sound. I hear improvement, I sense A LOT of potential and I mean every word I say at this moment of time. I can imagine this choir improving by leaps and bounds. I'm getting more excited working with this choir. (Alright, I've no comments on the choreo part tho.)
The stake choir's also getting really better - I sense the musical being an accomplished one. The quality of tone is improving, the sound is getting more solid. The guys really sounded good tonight. (Again, the girls ALWAYS sound good. I'm not being biased here, it's a fact.) Though I was getting pretty tired because I've been singing since 12noon, the wonderful voices really made me push on and continue singing till past 9pm.
I want to see these two choirs shine, and I believe I will. :)

Alright, I'm gonna zonk out soon. Exhausted. Thank goodness I can sleep in tmr! :)
Till then, goodnight! :)
My heart, like a compass, is true.
I'm a child of the light, and I know what is right.
My faith, like a river, runs deep.
And it flows from the source, like a true steady course.
My hope, like a mountain, is high.
And I live without fear, for my purpose is clear.
- My heart, like a compass is true, Janice Kapp Perry

Xoxo.