<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11792751?origin\x3dhttp://shesangherwayhome.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Hey! This is Jesmine but there are a thousand and one others out there who calls her Jia Min too! She's (finally) 18 and is more than happy to be showered with gifts on the nineth day of the third month each year. She's currently mugging in Nanyang Junior College with a bunch of cute people in 1002, but she still loves and misses her alma mater, TKGS together with her dearest 4e1 very very much. She ditched her 4-years long CCA, netball, for singing - both in choir and as a soloist (Just don't ask her to sing Don't Cry For Me, Argentina. It's Marisa's new ploy to watch a free show! And I know poor Bren's sick of playing it!) She's been stuck in Alto 2 in choir for a good ol' 5 years while her dearest conductor is still deciding whether to leave her there or transfer her somewhere else, but she takes the performing role of a mezzosoprano as a soloist (and communicate her 3-octave range using her perfect pitch to her rocking friends who in turn gives her nicknames of innate objects such as tuning fork, piano and amplifier. :/) Oops, she nearly forgot to mention that she was a part of the Superwomen(Student Welfare) committee of the Prefectorial Board back in the good ol' TKGS days. She's awesomely proud to be an Latter-Day Saint, and savouring her last year as a Laurel before she gets kicked out of YW. She loves her family and friends to bits, and in her (very little) free time, adores chilling out with her friends, attend concerts, shopping (and window shopping too. Money don't fall from the sky, y'know.), singing, tinkling on the piano, blogging, FBing and there's so much more she'll prolly need a thousand pages for her to fill up her "LOVES&HOBBIES" section. Flowers, cute huggable soft toys, helium balloons and (hand-written) letters and notes are some of her favourite things.♥

PS: I can/can't believe you just spent/wasted 5 minutes of your life reading her introductory speech. Btw, she LOVES people who tag on her tagboard, so do make sure you let her know that you were here! Have an awesome day anyway! (:






Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Monday, January 18, 2010
Five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes




























































(I put up most of the pictures already - still left with YW Chalet and Choir Chalet. I'll put em' up soon. :D)


Okay, this is the update I owe this place since the beginning of Jan, so I'll just summarize em' since I'm kinda lazy to do a proper update. :)

2nd Jan:
Went out with the girls minus Myra (because that woman's handphone is close to non-existent despite the 10483503864356 smses and missed calls the girls sent and called her.) to Cathay to have lunch at this Jappy place. (I forgot the name, please refresh my memory Ally!) So we ate and chatted and ate and chatted till we were so stuffed and happy! Walked around after that and stopped at a couple of stores before stopping by at Ben & Jerry's to have ice cream while admiring the tissues-infested graffitis and listen to awesome music; met Nab (which was a blessing in disguise, honestly. That later!) at gramophone. Then when we were still strolling around at Gramophone, Nab called to give us free Sherlock Holmes tickets at Grand Cathay (No wonder the girls just dragged me and Ally out of Gramophone to watch the show!) Awesome show really plus there was a free goodie bag! (Myra Lai, see, your loss! Hope Manda passed you your ticket!) Lol! We ate nachos with cheese and hotdogs after the movie (okay, weird but nevermind) before we headed home. Really enjoyed my days with my girls! Love you girls loads! :)

Next up's Sis June's advance birthday celebration last Sunday! Haha. And I just snapped a photo of the leaders. I should send it to them soon. Heh heh! xP

NY Openhouse last tuesday was pretty much a blast! The performance was pretty alright, but I know we've got loads and loads to improve on! And yes, thanks Malian, Debzzzz and Feeyona for screaming my name (and Gloria's! We really should have expected that, but I think I was too dazed to think that they'll do it. Lol!) And thanks Yee Mun, Hui Yi, Joyce and Shuan for coming over for the openhouse! Shuan came at an uncanny timing of 3.30pm when the openhouse was supposed to end at 4pm! Smart boy! (But at least he came anyway! Haha!)

Crashed RJ's openhouse the next day with Hui Yi, Joyce and Shuan (thanks to Ying Er - and her stringE performance had to include Don't Cry For Me Argentina of which Hui Yi was laughing at meeee while Shuan was just trying to keep himself unfrozen, haha!) before going over to school for choir which was pretty much a successful practice! Learnt a new score which I really love, and helping to teach tenor 1 because they couldn't finish teaching in time (Really not easy since I can't hit the low tenor notes despite my 3 octave range, but again, I AM AN ALTO/MEZZO, so I am forgiven. Haha.) Didn't help that Han Si was sick and B was a lil' too soft, with poor Yan Jun getting a lil' upset (It's really alright, DINGDONG! Don't be pissed/upset anymore kayzzz!) But it was fun when Mr T put the songs together. Hohoho! xP Rushed for institute after that, and I only managed to reach at 8.10pm! (It's supposed to end at 8.30pm alright!) Of course, when I opened the door, everyone was laughing at meeeeeeeee plus it didn't help that it was almost fullhouse (= chairs all taken up + back really full + had to walk to the front + take another chair from the stacked pile + look embarassed) Ohwell. But I really love institutes on weds! The ones on saturdays are... well, let's say it's another story altogether. Haha. Had to call the appeal kids after that to come down to NY for audition the next day, and guess what? I called SONIA ANG!!! (YESH IT'S LIKE KENRIC'S SISTER OKAYYYYY!) I was so stunned when her name was on the list, lol!

Helped out with appeal auditions on thursdays! I think this bunch of kids are really lucky, having the privilege to audition in the choir room, unlike me and Gloria who had to audition at some 5th floor classroom where we were pretty confused as how to get there! :( And there was Pooh there for consolation! Haha, and Mr T hugging Pooh was quite funny, until Mrs Lee told him that it wasn't umm... very clean = haven't been washed in awhile. Lol! xP Anyway, I understand the anxiety of these girls and guys; I've been through the same stuff last year! Chinatown with Bren and Deb to get my stuff; thanks for accompanying girls! :) Haha, now I can make more stuff before school starts and give them as presents/sell them or something. Lol! Will post a couple up soon! :)

Choir was cancelled on friday because the J2s wanted time to mug for blocktest (jiayou my dears!) so I went straight for the youth musical rehearsal at 7ish! Now I'm singing with Aubrey, Sherman and Dennis/John (I think the last two boys are like singing for one slot each. There are two performing slots if I'm not mistaken.) Basically there were alot less people on friday because the only people who had to turn up were the soloists, narrators and instrumentalists. I really love singing with my group of people! (Even though there's no more Yee Mun now D: Nevermind, I can still sing with you in NYChoir! I'm so excited for you to join me! :D) And Michael was epic funny/fail please. Hui Yi/Me sang with him like 10984523 times and he still cannot get his part right. Lol! It's really funny actually, especially when Hui Yi went to practice her other song with April and Titus with Sister Judy, so I had to practice with Michael. And EVERYTIME HE SINGS "GOOD FRIENDS" (the chorus part) , it's 99.999999999% OUT OF TUNE. So I always whack him and told him to start from the beginning again. Aiyo. Lol! Myra's complaining how he has no musicality. I hope Han's able to do some magic on him when he teaches him the choir warmup stuff. HAHA.

Saturday was spent with the AMK Youth. Cycling in the morning, followed by lunch at BK's Sat at the breakwaters for awhile before I went home to change before meeting Salted Pig in church. (And that woman cut her hair till it became so short and she look more manly than ever. D: She credited it to the hairdresser who did her hair in China anyway. I pray that your hair will shoot out faster!) Went to Plaza Sing to look at scrapbook stuff with the youth before they decided to watch a movie which never happened in the end due to the lack of efficiency and decisiveness. Ahwell, Gayle don't be sad and cranky kay! I still love you! :) Dinner treat from Bishop at Upper East Coast/Tanah Merah (I really don't know where is it!) at some Chinese restaurant where we had awesome food, especially the Chilli crab! (And I learnt how to peel open the crab! Wooh! :D) Reached home at 10.30ish where I was so so so exhausted yet I still stayed up to read my scriptures before I slept. (Kudos to me! :D)

Well, seems like my summary has turned into a mini thesis! I better get going. Start on the storybooks I borrowed from the national library just now before scriptures reading, I guess. Haha! :)

Au revoir.

Xoxo.