<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11792751?origin\x3dhttp://shesangherwayhome.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Hey! This is Jesmine but there are a thousand and one others out there who calls her Jia Min too! She's (finally) 18 and is more than happy to be showered with gifts on the nineth day of the third month each year. She's currently mugging in Nanyang Junior College with a bunch of cute people in 1002, but she still loves and misses her alma mater, TKGS together with her dearest 4e1 very very much. She ditched her 4-years long CCA, netball, for singing - both in choir and as a soloist (Just don't ask her to sing Don't Cry For Me, Argentina. It's Marisa's new ploy to watch a free show! And I know poor Bren's sick of playing it!) She's been stuck in Alto 2 in choir for a good ol' 5 years while her dearest conductor is still deciding whether to leave her there or transfer her somewhere else, but she takes the performing role of a mezzosoprano as a soloist (and communicate her 3-octave range using her perfect pitch to her rocking friends who in turn gives her nicknames of innate objects such as tuning fork, piano and amplifier. :/) Oops, she nearly forgot to mention that she was a part of the Superwomen(Student Welfare) committee of the Prefectorial Board back in the good ol' TKGS days. She's awesomely proud to be an Latter-Day Saint, and savouring her last year as a Laurel before she gets kicked out of YW. She loves her family and friends to bits, and in her (very little) free time, adores chilling out with her friends, attend concerts, shopping (and window shopping too. Money don't fall from the sky, y'know.), singing, tinkling on the piano, blogging, FBing and there's so much more she'll prolly need a thousand pages for her to fill up her "LOVES&HOBBIES" section. Flowers, cute huggable soft toys, helium balloons and (hand-written) letters and notes are some of her favourite things.♥

PS: I can/can't believe you just spent/wasted 5 minutes of your life reading her introductory speech. Btw, she LOVES people who tag on her tagboard, so do make sure you let her know that you were here! Have an awesome day anyway! (:






Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Say your name, out loud.


To waste time away,
I baked brownies today! :)
Turned out rather decently, though I don't know if it can last till friday to let the exco try.
Myra and Sab are gonna be the first 2 guinea pigs tmr. :)
Quite amusing how our exco is such a food-loving bunch.
Maybe we should change choir to food-club. Haha!

And I'm tempted to bake again. On thursday, perhaps. :)

Anyway, I was planning to post this up awhile back but I was so tied down by everything that made my life so dreary and bleah, but at least the second worst is over thus far. And yes, I shall not digress. So here's the video I wanted to post. Yes, it's sung by Gcheow(My conductor, no doubt) and it's really good, so yes it's a must watch. (Okay, my only problem with the video is that it's a lil' disturbing to see 7 of him at one go. And the joke about him only having 9 sets of clothes and being called ahboy by Mrs L. Comical. Lol!)




Choir! Watch and learn! :)


Somehow, singing gives me the sense of happiness that seems seemingly impossible to attain through other means.

I know this may sound a lil' shocking to some, but I really can't wait for friday's choir practice to come. Somehow choir seems like one of the few things that pulled me together throughout my NY days so far. I guess achievements in choir don't seem to play a very huge role for me anymore. True, TKGchoir has been an achieving choir, but there's also all the pain and setbacks that come along with it. NYchoir, on the other hand, may have been one that was close to nearly being disbanded last year (as told by the people), but look how far we've come. From a "we-shouldn't-go-for-SYF" to a silver is definitely an achievement for everyone here. I mean, I guess we've gone through quite a bit, came so far. I'll never wanna leave choir, ever.


I know, it's been only perhaps 4 months, but holding on to the position as a student conductor in the choir has taught me alot. Apart from giving me the chance to do warmups and combine songs, it taught me the different skills of conducting, how to communicate with people, how to deal with conflicts, etc. I guess many things come with experience, and this is no exception. I'm also really glad that there's Gchew to help out in the discipline (cos I know I can be rather CMI in it.) and all. I guess I'm still learning from him, how to be cool and collected while handling matters.


I've start practicing on my piano and voice, and also for Fiona's voice exam (yes finally, I know!)

I guess I might just start studying again. Real soon.


I've somewhat thought it through. My aim, at the end of my 2/3-years college life (Depends if I get retained or not), is to go to a uni and get into the course of my choice. As much as I would like to stay in Singapore and study in either Med school/FASS(Unless I have a change of heart or something) in NUS, if I genuinely can't make it, I guess I'll prolly just have to take SATs and study in BYU Provo (hopefully). Or perhaps Uni of Melbourne? Anyway, at the end of the day, the unis are still recognised in Singapore, only more costly due to all the extra expenses. Ah well, I guess I just have to try getting my straight A's first before making any decision. If I can get into NUS, I wanna join choir again. Haha. (How is that shocking anyway? Lol!)


Sigh just now D went to change my status on fb and cause too many comments to flood, but I forgave her since she's super sorry about it. Just don't do it again alright? :)


Alright, I better get some sleep. I'm supposed to meet Sab at 11am later at PP, followed by going to church in the evening. :) It's 1.35am! Argh!


Anyway, O level people, you guys are ending soon! Perservere!
J1s not done with OP, you guys are ending soon too! Persevere!
A level people, it's less than a month to the end of your tertiary education. Hang on, be strong! It'll be over sooner than you know. :)

Doowahdoowahdoowahdoowahdoowah! :)
Xoxo.