<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11792751?origin\x3dhttp://shesangherwayhome.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Hey! This is Jesmine but there are a thousand and one others out there who calls her Jia Min too! She's (finally) 18 and is more than happy to be showered with gifts on the nineth day of the third month each year. She's currently mugging in Nanyang Junior College with a bunch of cute people in 1002, but she still loves and misses her alma mater, TKGS together with her dearest 4e1 very very much. She ditched her 4-years long CCA, netball, for singing - both in choir and as a soloist (Just don't ask her to sing Don't Cry For Me, Argentina. It's Marisa's new ploy to watch a free show! And I know poor Bren's sick of playing it!) She's been stuck in Alto 2 in choir for a good ol' 5 years while her dearest conductor is still deciding whether to leave her there or transfer her somewhere else, but she takes the performing role of a mezzosoprano as a soloist (and communicate her 3-octave range using her perfect pitch to her rocking friends who in turn gives her nicknames of innate objects such as tuning fork, piano and amplifier. :/) Oops, she nearly forgot to mention that she was a part of the Superwomen(Student Welfare) committee of the Prefectorial Board back in the good ol' TKGS days. She's awesomely proud to be an Latter-Day Saint, and savouring her last year as a Laurel before she gets kicked out of YW. She loves her family and friends to bits, and in her (very little) free time, adores chilling out with her friends, attend concerts, shopping (and window shopping too. Money don't fall from the sky, y'know.), singing, tinkling on the piano, blogging, FBing and there's so much more she'll prolly need a thousand pages for her to fill up her "LOVES&HOBBIES" section. Flowers, cute huggable soft toys, helium balloons and (hand-written) letters and notes are some of her favourite things.♥

PS: I can/can't believe you just spent/wasted 5 minutes of your life reading her introductory speech. Btw, she LOVES people who tag on her tagboard, so do make sure you let her know that you were here! Have an awesome day anyway! (:






Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Saturday, August 15, 2009
Children laughing, people passing, meeting smile after smile

Hey people!

Seems like a pretty long time since I did a decently decent content post since almost every other post seemed so content-baseless. LOL. Okay, since I'm in a feel-like-blogging mood right now, I shall blog wherever my mind takes me to. Haha! xP

Monday (3rd Aug):
Pretty slacky day, I suppose. Helped out with the last bits of the flea market with choir comm and carried the stuff to the carts. Night studies (I was reading through GP essays and chionging homework) with Charm, Hansi and David (who miraculously disappeared to some classroom.) till 9plus before we packed and started chatting about things people shouldn't know :D

Tuesday (4th Aug):
Choir flea! Was decently successful since we earned more that 200bucks according to Simon, so good job, everyone! GP Essay Lecture Test immediately after the flea, which went totally insane. I. HAD. NO. IDEA. WHAT. I. WAS. WRITING. O.o And the questions were so... idk what to say, actually. There was a topic on discrimation. WHICH I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO DO. BAH D: Night studies with Charm and Hansi till 9ish again. We should totally camp in school. HAHA.

Thursday (6th Aug):
This is the craziest day of the two weeks cos I've gotta survive from 7.30 to 3.30 with 2 half an hour breaks. (I've got almost every subject today apart from PE and PW.) -.- Anyway, studied at the music room with Oli, Gabchew, Hansi, Sharon and Xinying(Who left before dinner) before going out to the tau huay shop for tau huay dinner! Honestly, I never knew the tau huay could be so awesomely filling. Even though Hansi was still hungry after that. Sorry Hansi! Anyway, this seems like some SCs&QMs bonding session. (plus Scary Senior Sharon Seng. Haha) :D
Went home after dinner and CHIONGED the first draft of EOM! Okay, I took a 15mins power nap till 12ish before staying up till 3plus. Woke up at 5plus to complete it. -.-

Friday (7th Aug):
National Day Carnival. Honestly, a lil' boring, and Val and I totally missed our turn during the Don't forget the lyrics. Oh well, better than losing our faces just because we can't sing Munnaeru Vaalibaa. HAHA!
0901 BBQ in the evening over at Tiffany's was awesome though. Uncooked/Overcooked BBQ food, Cotton Candy Machine, Chocolate Fondue, scandalous truth or dares... Oh guess what, I was the first to be pointed at (as usual)... Talk about being unlucky. And the question was just... O.o Anyway, took a couple of the dare videos. Really enjoyable on the whole. Left her place at 11ish and reached home close to midnight. Lol.
Sunday (9th Aug):
YW Presentation! Was really good on the whole. Except for my solo singing, I suppose. ): I know my legs started shaking like jelly at the initial solo part and I could hardly hear myself... But towards the back, I totally gave up using the microphone and just exerted extreme force from my diaphragm and shocked quite a few people cos they were quite shocked how my voice could be loud and audible without using the microphone yet still being able to hear from the back of the chapel. Still not good enough tho, I really need to train my voice... :/
FOODFEST AFTER YW YO! YAY! :D

Monday (10th Aug):
Got up fashionably late since it was a public holiday. 9ish in the morning, i think. (Since I usually get dragged up by 4plus 5am in the morning on normal days. Heh xP) Surprisingly, I decided to go to church for the FHE activity. (Even though I ended up studying there, with Gayle. HAHAHA.) And the BBQ-ed food after that was heavenly. (Well at least more cooked than friday's where Val was endlessly attempting to BBQ cooked chicken wings. HAHA! :P) Went church past 1pm.
Was planning to study outside but I think I felt lazy, so in the end I just went home in the end. Lol!

Wednesday (12th Aug):
Panicked and practiced inequalities and equations like there's no tomorrow. D:
Anyway, thanks for your lecture notes and Oli! :D :D :D

Thursday (13th Aug):
The day with 3 consecutive Chem periods (1tutorial, 1lecture and 1 CT period which usually turns to some form of chem class... -.-) BUT he didn't come today, so we had the 1st period off! :D Math Class Inequality Test. I hope I did decently. PE was slacky cos Ms A. wasn't around so we somewhat slacked around. Lyne got injured during the netball game, so we kinda tried to help her. Hope you're feeling better now girl! Decided to train home after that, so Azyan and I walked to Lorong Chuan MRT. Saw Bryan and waved. Haha. Azyan started rambling on some silly things. Lol! Went home to study Bio Genomics and DNA & Genetic Variation. (I HATE GENOMICS AND DNA D:) And attempted to complete economics policies assignment (which includes inflation which Idk how that even came about). Obviously epic fail. Slept at 1plus 2am.
And how could I forget to say HAPPY 17th BIRTHDAY ZHENGYUAN my friend who always converse in Chinese! Haha. Hope you're doing well with your elderly course thing over at TP! (Because you haven't told me the name of the course that you're taking. Haha!) :D And I miss you! ): Meetup soon yea! :D

Friday (14th Aug):
It was a MONSTROUS DAY. Woke up at 4plus to continue studying Bio while waiting for Jace to get up and go for seminary. Went to school and continued studying Bio till assembly before heading for Math Lecture where Mr L. continued singing praises to VECTORS(Me don't likey D:). AND I LEFT MY BOTTLE AT THE LT!!! D: D: My pink bottle... *sobs* Hope it'll still be there on Monday. (I hope) Bio lecture test at 11.30am was just disastrous. I'm only pretty confident of the Genetic Variation questions which is worth only 13/40 marks of the entire test. ): So anyway, that wasn't the worst part of the day. By the end of the lecture test, I was feeling pretty much crestfallen as I walked with Meena to the Bio lab. Lab session described in one word: INSANE! We had to finish the 3 tests(Benedict's, Starch and Biuret) for the 5 different solutions (Which means 15 tests in total) in 15 minutes! And that includes heating up the beaker and waiting for the Benedict's test solutions in boiling tubes to boil for one minute. If the test tubes and boiling tubes were made of plastic or rubber, I would have just gladly thrown them in the sink or something. Why are they made of glass, of all materials?? ): Well, I did manage to complete the tests within 15minutes, but it came with the opportunity cost of me close to losing my head during that short span of 15minutes, with Mr N. shouting "You have 7 minutes left, oh wait, minus 2 minutes for boiling for the Benedict's test, so you have 5 minutes left!" O.o Nearly died during Econs - had a splitting headache and awesome Meena went down with me to get panadol which did the trick. Choir was pretty fun - we learnt Silver Bells today! PLUS WE surprised Mr C. and the other birthday girls! :D :D :D And we bought like, 2 cakes! Haha. The cake was really nice. Haha. (I'm complimenting you okay, Gabchew!) So anyway Happy (Belated/Advance/On the day) Birthday Gcheow, Ivy, Jia Zheng, NLB, Annie! :D :D :D
Went to Lorong Chuan station to meet KT for dinner at Macs after choir. And apparently I still don't know Lorong Chuan MRT well, cos I kept insisting there were more exits when there were only 2... (And to my horror, I found out that the MRT opposite the side gate was LORONG CHUAN SERANGOON MRT D: Sorry luh. ): And there was only one Macs in the whole of Serangoon.) Anyway, we were walking towards the entrance of Macs when I thought I saw the comm members and the I realised that Mr C. was inside with them too! (He told me beforehand that he was supposed to go home, but apparently they stayed there till past 11, according to Oli! o.o) And it was Rachel's idea to have dinner at Macs... Yea, I think Mr C. was just shocked to see KT and vice versa. (But I won everyone hands down because I think I haven't recovered from the shock of seeing all of them there yet. o.O) We still went in for dinner because I was hungry :/ (even though I did eat a piece of cake, it being seriously full house and we only found a table next to the toilet.), bought dinner, ate dinner, chatted alot till 10plus before we left and walked to Serangoon MRT so that I could train home and I reached home past 11. Thanks for suggesting dinner meetup. Haha :)

Saturday (15th Aug):
Went back to school at 8am for Chem makeup tutorial since he didn't turn up on Thursday... -.- I think anyone can tell that I'm sick of waking up early even 8am seems like a chore :/ So it was pretty much a waste of my 1.5hours because we were doing the same thing again (when we can just do it at home on our own... -.-) Bused home after Chem cos I was feeling really tired so I came back for awhile and stoned abit before meeting EC at Bugis for mugging session! Really happy cos I pretty much figured Chem Equilibria (and thought of some points for EC's GP.) plus plus plus I finally got hold of the Nocturne score by Chopin (the one that I really wanted to learn since, after Os last year when I heard Hilbert(I think that's his name) play and it was so so so so so beautiful. I wanted to learn that too but Mdm E. never brought her book and allow me to learn so I was reallyreally sad D: ) Then I tried asking people around to send/lend me the scores but apparently everyone's either taking exams or totally forgot about it. ): But it's okay, I got the scores now! YAY! :D I'm actually feeling really excited to try it on the piano! I'm gonna print the scores after this and tinkle the piano abit before I zoom off to lalaland. Heh :D
Anyway, I think I'm gonna learn a duet with Charm so that we can perform or something. I'm v. excited! :D

On a more serious tone, my promo's in 48days! D: I'm gonna mug like mad, stay back for more night studies sessions and do everything I can to improve my sadistic JCTs' rank points and get promoted to J2! YOU CAN DO IT JESMINE. And you can do it too, everyone! :D
Okay, I'm leaving! I hoped you haven't wasted all day reading this. Haha :D
I'm gonna eat dinner now! And it's uhh, 10plus now. AHHH! D:
Oh before I go, HAPPY 17th BIRTHDAY AKSHAYA! I MISS YOU ): I HOPE YOU'RE DOING AWESOME AT TPJC :D :D :D AND I MISS YOU TABLE PARTNER D:
Xoxo.

PS: BTW, if you want the other photos, they're ALL UP ON FACEBOOK! (I don't wanna post everything up here, so the pictures here are like a preview to the ones on FB. HAHA. :D)