<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11792751?origin\x3dhttp://shesangherwayhome.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Hey! This is Jesmine but there are a thousand and one others out there who calls her Jia Min too! She's (finally) 18 and is more than happy to be showered with gifts on the nineth day of the third month each year. She's currently mugging in Nanyang Junior College with a bunch of cute people in 1002, but she still loves and misses her alma mater, TKGS together with her dearest 4e1 very very much. She ditched her 4-years long CCA, netball, for singing - both in choir and as a soloist (Just don't ask her to sing Don't Cry For Me, Argentina. It's Marisa's new ploy to watch a free show! And I know poor Bren's sick of playing it!) She's been stuck in Alto 2 in choir for a good ol' 5 years while her dearest conductor is still deciding whether to leave her there or transfer her somewhere else, but she takes the performing role of a mezzosoprano as a soloist (and communicate her 3-octave range using her perfect pitch to her rocking friends who in turn gives her nicknames of innate objects such as tuning fork, piano and amplifier. :/) Oops, she nearly forgot to mention that she was a part of the Superwomen(Student Welfare) committee of the Prefectorial Board back in the good ol' TKGS days. She's awesomely proud to be an Latter-Day Saint, and savouring her last year as a Laurel before she gets kicked out of YW. She loves her family and friends to bits, and in her (very little) free time, adores chilling out with her friends, attend concerts, shopping (and window shopping too. Money don't fall from the sky, y'know.), singing, tinkling on the piano, blogging, FBing and there's so much more she'll prolly need a thousand pages for her to fill up her "LOVES&HOBBIES" section. Flowers, cute huggable soft toys, helium balloons and (hand-written) letters and notes are some of her favourite things.♥

PS: I can/can't believe you just spent/wasted 5 minutes of your life reading her introductory speech. Btw, she LOVES people who tag on her tagboard, so do make sure you let her know that you were here! Have an awesome day anyway! (:






Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Ring out the darkness of the land; ring in the Christ that is to be.

Ring out, wild bells, to the wild sky,
The flying cloud, the frosty light.
The year is dying in the night;
Ring out, wild bells, and let him die.
The year is dying in the night;
Ring out, wild bells, and let him die.


Ring out the old; ring in the new.
Ring happy bells, across the snow.
The year is going; let him go.
Ring out the false, ring in the true.
The year is going; let him go.


Ring in the valiant men and free,
The larger heart, the kindlier hand.
Ring out the darkness of the land;
Ring in the Christ that is to be.
Ring out the darkness of the land;
Ring in the Christ that is to be.

I love this song SO much. (Cookie knows that too :D)



Well, it's the 31st of December 2008. Fast, isn't it? I was just pondering a bit, and I realise I had plenty to be grateful for. Like CX smsed me last year, this year was a "fast train ride to exams". Though it wasn't an easy journey due to 'Os' and all, there were many many people helping me and staying by my side to overcome my darkest fears with me. I guess my only wish now is to get into a decent JC next year.

Thank you:
My parents: For your never ending support. For always being there for me, never giving up on me despite the many adversaries that come in my way. For helping me to solve problems when I'm at my wits end.
KM: For being my impromtu page turner during my Prelims, for helping me with my academia, for all those valuable advices... Thank you :D
CX, Zhu Neng (Sotong), Zhu Yi, Pei Pei 姐姐: For
Grace Chan: For always making me laugh and chatting to me about everything under the sky. May our long (7 years) and strong friendship grow stronger :D
Sabrina: For being the SMART. And that Home Econs partner who made me peel off the chicken skin in SEC 2.
Ee Chien: For being the crazy 电灯炮 who helped me with my Bio and AMath during the holidays and study leave :P
Jessica: Remember our 不寻常的关系 in the class photo? Haha. And the surprise birthday at your place which turned out to be a flop because Ee Chien laughed at your "开门"! Thank you for all the lame jokes and your lame sentences that made me laugh hysterically. I'm gonna miss them...
Chun Ling: Thank you for taking time off to help me with my studies after your Promos because they have been greatly appreciated. :D
Syafiqah Adha': For playing my duet and voice pieces during my Midyears when I was desperately looking for a pianist and for being that great role model in PB and choir when you were still in TKGS. Thank you for your never-ending support when I burst into tears, feeling the lack the confidence teaching A2 when the then SLs weren't around.
Brenda: Thank you for playing my duet and voice pieces during Prelims and 'O's despite your heavy schedule and Promos. For being my my role model as an SL, my friend, my crazy senior who starts bullying me with my juniors. Haha. Your scores are still with me, btw :P
Yi Sze: Thank you for being my page turner during 'O's, even though you had to skip IR to do that. And being such a wonderful classmate and choirmate.
Jane, Kenneth: For being my impromptu page turners for Midyears, though the both of you had to take your performing exams on the same day as well. And crazy chatmates too. :D
Kelly: For being my 1st friend in OLP, my 1st deskmate, my homework & notes keeper even though I had no idea who you were. Haha.
Wanshi, Zheng Yuan: For talking about the lamest stuff which were funny enough to brighten my day. :D
Y3, YQ: For being my walking home partners, prom dress shoppers. I really had fun. :P
Shi Han, Gloria, Bero, Putt: For being the best A2 friends I ever ever ever ever had. Thank you, Shi Han and Gloria, for putting up with my nonsense about moving to Sop in Sec 1 and all the mummy-and-daughter scenarios both of you potray during choir :P, Bero, for being the Bero and me being the retarded Pillow to the retarded Bero for 4 years, and Putt, for helping me out with my A Math & Chem during the holidays and study breaks!
Cookie: For allowing me to throw my tantrums, vent my anger, share our deepest darkest (okay, maybe not the deepest and darkest, but still) secrets during YC.
Royden, Quinne, Trey: For being such great friends to the 3 of us :D And Roy, for being able to find your passport to go for YC in June. Haha.
Myra, Amanda Xu, Amanda Loh, Sethrina, Ying'er, Marie, Shuan, Benjy, Marisa, Casey Lee, Ally, Bryan, Gayle, Galvin, Kenric, Chery, etc etc (I'm sorry if I left your name out, there are just too many to be typed): I agree wholeheartedly with the people that you probably find friends who can make you feel comfortable in church, and thank you for making me feel so welcome and blessed being in church and all. :D
3/1 2007&4/1 20o8: Thank you for spending 2 years being in the same class, undertaking responsibilities and tiding through the craziest 2 years of my life with me. One sentence doesn't do justice to you guys, but I truthfully appreciate every single thing you guys have done for me that words alone cannot tell. :D
Alto 2 2007-2008: Thank you for being such a cooperative batch, listening to me teach, even though I may be kan cheong to the max/boring/lousy/too slow like a tortise/too fast for you to even get a quarter of the stuff I said/anything else you can think of. I'm really grateful that you all have been such wonderful juniors/peers! I hope you guys will improve by leaps and bounds and ATB for SYF 2009! :D
OLP 2007-2008: Though we hardly talk/respond and leave the teachers hanging there during lessontime, I had fun knowing most of you guys better, esp when I had to call/sms/MSN you guys for the bbq and on the actual bbq itself! Haha. Thank you for being such a nice batch of friends :D
TKGPB: I'll never forget the experiences I gained during investitures, conferences, service projects, etc with you guys. It has been a thrilling experience to be a part of the board, and SW rocks the house, always. :P


Anyway, spent New Year Eve's Eve's Eve buying the deco with Casey, Gayle, Galvin and Bryan and New Year Eve's Eve doing up the deco for New Year Eve's Dance with Gayle, Galvin, Marisa, Bryan, DJ and her brother and it was really fun (Except the cleaning up part. The paint smell was so terrible, Marisa was happily spraying Gayle's grape-smelling Victoria Secret's perfume around the entire 2nd floor. Heehee). I'm sure we did a great job, and hope everyone enjoys tonight :D

Can't wait for tonight. Dance followed by Slumber over at Casey's! :D
I know you're probably wondering why I'm so excited - it's because this is the first NYE Dance I'm attending. (There weren't any NYE Dance for the past 2 years, most unfortunately.) so yea :P

Wishing you a very Blessed 2009, and all the best in your endeavours for the coming year.

Xoxo,
Jesmine/Jia Min.

Labels: