<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/11792751?origin\x3dhttp://shesangherwayhome.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Hey! This is Jesmine but there are a thousand and one others out there who calls her Jia Min too! She's (finally) 18 and is more than happy to be showered with gifts on the nineth day of the third month each year. She's currently mugging in Nanyang Junior College with a bunch of cute people in 1002, but she still loves and misses her alma mater, TKGS together with her dearest 4e1 very very much. She ditched her 4-years long CCA, netball, for singing - both in choir and as a soloist (Just don't ask her to sing Don't Cry For Me, Argentina. It's Marisa's new ploy to watch a free show! And I know poor Bren's sick of playing it!) She's been stuck in Alto 2 in choir for a good ol' 5 years while her dearest conductor is still deciding whether to leave her there or transfer her somewhere else, but she takes the performing role of a mezzosoprano as a soloist (and communicate her 3-octave range using her perfect pitch to her rocking friends who in turn gives her nicknames of innate objects such as tuning fork, piano and amplifier. :/) Oops, she nearly forgot to mention that she was a part of the Superwomen(Student Welfare) committee of the Prefectorial Board back in the good ol' TKGS days. She's awesomely proud to be an Latter-Day Saint, and savouring her last year as a Laurel before she gets kicked out of YW. She loves her family and friends to bits, and in her (very little) free time, adores chilling out with her friends, attend concerts, shopping (and window shopping too. Money don't fall from the sky, y'know.), singing, tinkling on the piano, blogging, FBing and there's so much more she'll prolly need a thousand pages for her to fill up her "LOVES&HOBBIES" section. Flowers, cute huggable soft toys, helium balloons and (hand-written) letters and notes are some of her favourite things.♥

PS: I can/can't believe you just spent/wasted 5 minutes of your life reading her introductory speech. Btw, she LOVES people who tag on her tagboard, so do make sure you let her know that you were here! Have an awesome day anyway! (:






Bituwin - template
Dementee - image

Words from Before It's Too Late by Goo Goo Dolls.

Hit counter code here

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

[EDITED&COMPLETED ON THE 20th Nov 2008, 12.06am]

Hey!

Alright, today I'm gonna blog all the past happenings before people actually come running after me with weird stuff. Noooooooooooo!

Haha.

I'll start with Prom. Prom was awesome with a capital A. Spent friday morning panicking at home (only Casey knows why :P) before busing down to meet Casey later than 2pm to get Quinne&Cookie's presents. I don't like bus 2; I wasted so much time waiting for it -.- Anyway, after getting their presents, we train-ed down to Newton to meet Sis Jonabel at church where she helped me with my makeup and hair. Thank you so much for taking time off to help me :D Ally came down from RP later to be the first to "take the first picture" - as quoted by Ally, with me. (Ally I want the pictures :D) Haha. Dad came over later to fetch me to Peninsular Excelsior Hotel (Yes, I finally know the hotel's name. Yay:D) Was feeling quite paiseh and wearing the killer heels (which was between 4-4.5inches high. Yes, I'm one mad ladyy who wondered what possessed me to buy it. :P) till I met Sab. Camwhored with the people there whilst waiting for the rest to arrive. When most of em' arrived, we tooked the lift up to the 5th floor and took pictures outside the ballroom before registering at the counter. Prom itself was pretty good; the emcee was entertaining, the atmosphere was somewhat there. The food was a bit of a disappointment - kinda average. Anyway, Mrs Chan was telling me how different I looked that day to the point she nearly couldn't recognise me. And there were people who were just staring at me from head to toe for awhile before saying "OMG JIAMIN! You look _______. " Haha. It's the heels and the makeup. Lol. Lucky draw, camwhoring and hitting the dance floor a little (Because my feet were tired from the heels.), more games and I'll remember Sab with the Maggi Mee hair! You go rocker! :D When prom ended at 10plus, Mdm L were shooing us out of the ballroom and more camwhoring outside the ballroom. Haha. How many times did you see the word camwhore? :P The parental units came to pick me slightly past 11 and I couldn't sleep that night cos I was just thinking back about the 4 years in TKGS, hence photos are being uploaded on Facebook :D

A2 farewell on Saturday at Fiona's was a blast. Especially when you're sitting back, relaxing and watching your juniors run the show. Many thanks to Fiona who so willingly opened up her place, people who were bbqing the food... And as promised, I was the "FIRST IN LINE"(as quoted from Sheryl Tan) to be dunked in Fiona's 1.0m swimming pool. Haha. Well, someone took a video of it (I want the videoooo!) Went up to Fiona's place to clearup and all of us chatted before the juniors presented us with this huge card filled with their little notes and so we were passing around these cards for the juniors to write their adds. Lol. More camwhoring/gossiping till 10plus where dad came to fetch me and Gloria home. Photos are uppppp on facebook :D

OLP bbq at ECP yesterday was unexpectedly fun. Seriously. I mean, I guess the outcome was wayyyy better than I expected. There was this overwhelming fear that we were all going to just stand around and stone throughout the bbq pit but, ohmy, I just don't know how to explain it now. Was helping with the marinating and ordering food in the morning before going to one of my grandaunt's place to help with the rites. Went back to the office for awhile cos mum had to get some stuff done before collecting the food and going home to shower and bring the food down. I was like, carrying 8 people's worth of food up and down from the house to the car, it was really tiring so by the time I reached ECP, I was plain exhausted. And then both Travis and Jane claimed to be at pit 21 and they didn't meet each other, which was equally frightening. Travis told me to meet at Carpark C and I nearly wanted to kill him because there were 3 Cs - C1, C2 and C3. Managed to find them in the end though. The guys went to start the fire - Jane and I were slacking :D Heh heh. :P Okay, they had problem starting the fire initially since the stupid firestarter refused to burn. Jane and I decided to collect water but ended up getting ice because there was a shortage of ice. Lol. Anyway by the time we came back, the fire kinda started (yay!) and people started cooking the food. There was more than enough food alright! And apparently I had too much sugar (from the marshmallow and the drinks) I couldn't sleep at night (again!). So basically, we had food and chats at the bbq and it was really funny, wayy better than I expected. :P I mean, would you imagine a class who rarely made any noise in class (truthfully, I think even the stupid aircon&fans in Beethoven would sound louder than us talking during OLP lessons) would open up and start talking about weird stuff? Haha. Kelly came over in the evening, just before Jane had to leave, so Kenneth and I walked her to Macs to meet her mum. Thanks Kenneth. Haha. Ms Ng smsed to asked if everyone was having fun and Travis wanted to reply her with my phone. -.- Anyway, we ended up calling her with Kelly's phone using the loudspeaker mode and people were screaming away. Hectic. Too bad we didn't manage to persuade them. :X Ohwell. A round of Indian Poker (which I lost and had to eat a chicken wing as a forfeit!) & Truth and Dare in the evening, and I've learnt(ehem ehem!) quite a few things about everyone there. Haha.

1. Kang Wei and Kelly can come out with the most no. of questions for Truth or Dare.
2. Travis thinks that the dares are boring, Kelly's so determined to spin the bottle and hit bullseye at him so that he could do a Dare. :X
3. The Sarsi bottle LOVES Kenneth and Leslie, they've probably answered/done the most no. of truths/dares last night.
4. Chon Kiat seemed to be the luckiest. Think he only did 2 truths&no dares?
5. Kelly can act bimbo! And might have probably received the most no. of unwanted (guy) phone calls last night/this morning. And she's probably the one almost every guy wants to date(if they had to choose within the class.). Haha.
6. We know Leslie fell in love with the lamp post, goes clubbing and watch weirdhighly amusing shows. (I cannot insult him. :/)
7. Kenneth and Travis have this unusualstrange relationship, and both don't know the meaning of womaniser. What's with the gay relations? :X
8. Kang Wei is a mad person. Seriously.

And our chat topics are pretty broad, like weird&horror shows, prom(s)/grad days/nights, holidays... ! :D
On the whole, it was a pleasant surprise, and a total blast. Thanks, everyone. Maybe we all should meet up again for dinner, perhaps with the teachers this time round. Haha.

Okay, peek-turexzxzxz (yay, I'm being lame :P)
They're not in order(as in the time frame, so it's actually pretty messy.), and I'm lazy to turn the some of the pictures, so you can turn your head if you want to see the vertical pictures. Haha. :D
And I didn't upload everything; if you want the rest go get it from facebook :D
Links are right at the bottom:
1.Prom Part I
2.Prom Part II
3.Prom Part III
4.A2 Sec 4 Farewell Part I
5.A2 Sec 4 Farewell Part II
6.OLP BBQ

Prom!








A2 Sec 4 Farewell!









OLP BBQ!





















Oh yay, I'm finally done. Hahaha. :D
(applauds).
I'm totally packed for the next few days, will try to blog again soon. This post should be long enough to make you read until you become super sian/laugh like some mad person :D
Xoxo.